Our firm focuses on the following areas:
Affordable Housing and Community Development
We provide advice to affordable housing developers developing or refinancing affordable housing properties utilizing tax credits, HUD financing, USDA Rural Housing financing and local housing finance agency financing. We also manage Delaware’s Affordable Housing Blog.
We are fortunate to represent a combination of for-profit and not-for-profit affordable housing developers. To avoid conflict, we do not represent banks or syndicators in affordable housing transactions.
Business Formation and Contracts
We act as outside general counsel to a variety of business entities and we are fortunate to have developed long-term relationships with many of these clients that started at formation or incorporation.
Commercial Real Estate
We provide advice negotiating the acquisition, financing, construction and leasing of commercial real estate investments for clients.
We are fortunate to be a licensed title agent with Stewart Title Guaranty Company and First American Title Insurance Company underwriting title insurance for us.
Delaware Legal Opinion Letters
We act as local counsel to out-of-state law firms and international law firms to provide a variety of Delaware legal opinion letters relating to Delaware alternative entities, including but not limited to, corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships.
Government Affairs and Administrative Law
We provide advice and assist clients working with various State of Delaware agencies and local subdivisions and agencies, including but not limited to, the Delaware Division of Corporations, The Delaware Department of Transportation, the Video and Sports Lottery Study Commission, the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner’s Office, the Delaware Department of Elections, New Castle County and The City of Wilmington.
- Borrower’s counsel for a $67 million financing for a business park located in New Castle, Delaware.
- Borrower’s counsel in a successful workout for an affordable housing development in which the investor defaulted, which was the first affordable housing development in Delaware to receive Federal Stimulus Funds through the ARRA Tax Credit Exchange Program.
- Closed the Central YMCA, Wilmington, Delaware financing that included funding from banks, foundations, historic tax credits, affordable housing tax credits and the Delaware State Housing Authority.
- Closed Delaware’s largest multi-family affordable housing transaction while representing the Delaware State Housing Authority that included financing from JPMorgan Chase Bank, affordable housing tax credits and the Delaware State Housing Authority.
- Closed a beach resort stock purchase transaction that included real estate, restaurant and liquor license assets and processed the liquor license approvals with the Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner.
- Negotiated leases on behalf of landlords with Children of America, Clear Channel, PODS and WAWA as well as for distribution centers with Federal Express, Ferguson and Five Below.