George J. Danneman focuses his practice in the areas of commercial real estate, affordable housing and community development, business formation and advice, Delaware legal opinion letters and Government Affairs and Administrative Law. George has extensive experience negotiating leases and construction contracts for landlords and tenants in both industrial and retail space. In addition to representing sophisticated real estate developers in Delaware, prior to opening the office, George represented the Delaware State Housing Authority and closed almost every affordable housing transaction for the Delaware State Housing Authority for over six years. He serves as the Treasurer for the campaign of Delaware Governor Jack Markell and served as a member of Governor Markell’s transition team. George also served on the transition team for New Castle County Executive (now United States Senator) Christopher A. Coons.
- Borrower’s counsel for a $67 million financing for a business park located in New Castle, Delaware.
- Borrower’s counsel in a successful workout for an affordable housing development in which the investor defaulted, which was the first affordable housing development in Delaware to receive Federal Stimulus Funds through the ARRA Tax Credit Exchange Program.
- Closed the Central YMCA, Wilmington, Delaware financing that included funding from banks, foundations, historic tax credits, affordable housing tax credits and the Delaware State Housing Authority.
- Closed Delaware’s largest multi-family affordable housing transaction while representing the Delaware State Housing Authority that included financing from JPMorgan Chase Bank, affordable housing tax credits and the Delaware State Housing Authority.
- Closed a beach resort stock purchase transaction that included real estate, restaurant and liquor license assets and processed the liquor license approvals with the Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner.
- Negotiated leases on behalf of landlords with Children of America, Clear Channel, PODS, Chipotle Mexican Grill and WAWA as well as for distribution centers with Federal Express, Ferguson and Five Below.
- Secretary, Real and Personal Property Section of the Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, New Castle County Financial Advisory Council
- Member, Commercial Industrial Realty Council
- Member, Council for Affordable and Rural Housing (CARH)
- Member, Recylcing Public Advisory Committee (RPAC)
- Guardian Ad Litem, Delaware Office of Child Advocate
- President, Westwood-Forwood Civic Association
- Affordable Housing in Delaware continuing education program, October 2007
- Fundamentals of Real Estate, Delaware State Bar Association continuing education program, annually
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 1996, B.A.
- The Dickinson School of Law of Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, PA., 2000, J.D.
- New Jersey